An incredible anime convention comes to Chicago this July, to the Hyatt Regency O’hare in Rosemont, Illinois.
Anime Midwest is a three day anime convention that aims to give anime fans the chance to meet special guests including animation directors, character designers, voice actors, and more, in a fun and event-filled environment.
The three-day weekend begins on Thursday with a few small social events, and snowballs into a 10,000+ person gathering as events kickoff on Friday afternoon.
Events include everything from a cosplay competition to major concerts from special guest performers – including steampunk bands Steam Powered Giraffe and Frenchy and the Punk, and nerdcore musician YTCracker.
Tickets for the full weekend cost $60, which amounts to about $2 per hour in entertainment.
Individuals interested can pre-register and get tickets at AnimeMidwest.com
What’s the big deal about a con?
Anime conventions like Anime Midwest bring people together in a way that nothing else can – and the staff of Anime Midwest are known for going out of their way to manage their convention with high expectations. Attendees can much on free ramen and rice all weekend long, while spending hundreds of dollars in the exhibit hall. Tons of people go home only after making dozens of new friends.
- Cosplay event in Tokyo, Ikebukuro
- Con Alt Delete 2017
- Kanpai! Omaha
- Watch Inauguration Parade Announcer at the Women's March on Washington
- See you in Omaha
- If you're uncomfortable during the convention.
- Hello Nebraska
- Pokemon Go Rumors Debunked
- Important updates on security.
- Anime Midwest Badging and Security
- Huge anime convention comes to Chicago.
- What is jurisdiction?
- A note on sharing convention space.
- AniMinneapolis coming up.
- Owl Cafe in Takadanobaba Tokyo
- Con Wars: Bad Apples
- Con Wars and Convention Scheduling
- Regarding Online Articles